Experience: Mid-level with experience
Basic Function: The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for support production functions directly associated with the Electronics manufacturing and support needs of the company. This includes responsible for all the manufacturing-related activities in the factory. Duties to include developing a manufacturing strategy, designing of tooling, developing processes, writing documentation, and providing machine support to ensure the production facility and products are built according to specification with high quality.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching production and/or testing methods, and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Develops and orders process tooling as required.
- NPI and First article builds
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production labor times and required material.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support and information to teammates to ensure a continual manufacturing flow of production.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Maintains product and process instructions to determine process flow, materials required, and standards are met.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations.
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Maintain the highest standards for quality workmanship, Safety and Housekeeping
- Provide problem solutions to the team and the operations
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
- Identify business improvement and cost savings within the organization
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis and LEAN principles
- Review and assist with Preventive Maintenance program effectively
- Other duties as required
- Relevant Engineering technological knowledge for manufacturing printed circuit board assemblies
- Previous experience with meeting IPC-610 standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Previous Ability to prioritize tasks and maintain calm in a fast-paced environment with associated deadlines.
- Capable of multi-tasking and problem solving
- Possess good record-keeping skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable interpersonal relationship and team building skills
- Intermediate experience computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable – able to switch gears and reprioritize.
- Drive process improvement projects.